Boric acid suppositories help to promote the proper acid balance in the vagina. Boric acid in suppository form may help treat yeast infections of the vagina and relieve symptoms such as itching and burning while helping to balance your vaginal ph.
What are boric acid suppositories?
Boric acid suppositories are a natural alternative to traditional treatments like antibiotics which you can use for specific vaginal issues like itching and odor:
- Vaginal yeast infection
- Bacterial vaginosis
Vaginal Yeast Infections
Vaginal yeast infections are caused by an overgrowth of yeast, which can lead to symptoms such as itching, swelling, burning, discharge, and pain during sex. Yeast naturally lives in the vagina in smaller numbers, but infection occurs when the yeast population grows and creates an imbalance in the vagina.
Treatment for vagina yeast infections usually includes an oral tablet or topical cream. If yeast infections come back often, boric acid can help balance the amount of yeast present.
Bacterial vaginosis is a vaginal infection caused by an imbalance of bacteria. In the vagina, there are good bacteria, and there are bad bacteria, which the good bacteria keep within healthy limits. When there's a bacterial imbalance, it can cause a fishy odor and may cause pain while urinating. Bacterial vaginosis is usually treated with an antibiotic, but some sufferers opt for boric acid suppositories instead of antibiotics.
Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection caused by a parasite. It causes symptoms such as itchiness, foul-smelling discharge, and pain while having sex or urinating. It's usually treated with antibiotics, but since some infections become resistant to antibiotics, boric acid suppositories may be offered as an alternative treatment.
How to Insert a Boric Acid Suppository
Follow these steps on how to properly insert a suppository;
- Thoroughly wash your hands before removing the suppository from the package.
- Get into position. You can insert the capsule from any angle. However, it may be easier to lay down on your back with your knees bent or stand with your feet a few inches apart and knees bent.
- Using either your fingers or a vaginal suppository applicator, insert the capsule as far up as you can without causing any additional pain or discomfort.
- Thoroughly wash your hands again when you're one.
Tip: You may want to use a panty liner afterward in case there's discharge.
Boric Acid Suppository Side Effects
You may experience some side effects while taking boric acid suppositories, such as runny discharge, burning at the vaginal opening, and redness around the vagina. If you experience pain or extreme discomfort while taking boric acid suppositories, stop using them and talk to your doctor.
Things To Keep in Mind
Here are some things to keep in mind while you're using boric acid suppositories:
- Talk to your doctor before trying a boric acid capsule or any other medical or alternative treatment.
- Never take a boric acid capsule orally, as they are extremely poisonous.
- Avoid having sex after using a boric acid suppository or any time you have an active infection. Boric acid does not prevent the spread of infection.
- Don't use them while pregnant, as they are toxic to the fetus.
- Don't use them if you have open wounds in or around your vagina as boric acid can cause pain and irritation.
$24.99 The "V-Slayer™" suppository is the vaginal health assassin that you deserve. Boric acid helps to balance pH, protect healthy yeast levels, and support your good bacteria. Our quick-dissolve boric acid suppository is made with a single, fast-working ingredient (just boric acid) and is free… read more
Boric Acid Suppository "V-Slayer"
The "V-Slayer™" suppository is the vaginal health assassin that you deserve. Boric acid helps to balance pH, protect healthy yeast levels, and support your good bacteria. Our quick-dissolve boric acid suppository is made with a single, fast-working ingredient (just boric acid) and is free… read more